Lake Chelan Rotary Board
August 7, 2015
Location: Chamber Board Room
Attending Board Members: President Jordana LaPorte, President Elect Kevin Abel, and Vice President Les Cooper, Past President Jeff Fehr, Director Morgan Picton, Director Tiffany Gering, and Treasurer Terry White.
Absent: Di rector Aaron Evans, Director Lexy Lieurance, Secretary Paul Schmidt.
Attending Club Members: Rick Nedrow as Acting Secretary.
The meeting was called to order at 1130 AM by President Jordana LaPorte.
Approval of Minutes: Jeff Fehr moved that the minutes of the July 17, 2015 be approved and Terry White seconded the motion. The minuets were approved unanimously.
Secretary Report: No Report
Attendance Report: Rick Nedrow passed out July Attendance Report. It was noted that there is a number of members with sub-standard attendance. It was discussed that the Membership Committee contact those with poor attendance. Rick has received requests from Dave Weldy and Robert Meyers to be placed in the “Rule of 85 status”. There were no objections.
Financial Report: President Jordana distributed the most recent financial report to those present. President Jordana explained her proposed budget which was discussed. A Motion by Kevin Abel and a second by Terry White to approve the financial report and budget. The Motion passed unanimously.
- August BBQ – Morgan Picton reported on the planning progress for the BBQ. He had some concerns about the meat preparation. He has requested the use of the High School Kitchen. The permits for the event are in the works. Most to the details are taken care of and Morgan feels confident about the outcome of the event.
- Cornerstone – President Jordana read a letter from Rich Watson detailing the excellent relations between Rotary and Chelan Valley Hope.
- Brisa’s Paul Harris – Status is unknown at this time and is being checked on.
- Strategic Plan Review – There was continued discussion about the process and outcome and that the SURVEY has gone live on our web site. All members will be encouraged to complete this survey.
- Naming Rights – It was felt that Rotary is not receiving enough credit for the past work we have done such as Centennial Park and that having our name on these projects is very important and that Centennial Park should be re-named.
- Current Paul Harris Certificates – Investigation is underway as to why they are so poorly done.
- 90th Anniversary event – A “SAMPLE” handout was circulated and pre-planning will start. Ideas are being thought of and collected with late March or April being considered for the event.
- Vocational Service – Interact – President Jordana and Vice President Les will be meeting with the Interact Board.
- Community Service-A number of small projects were discussed. A list of these needs to be developed and acted upon. Items included wheel chair ramps, installation of bathroom grab bars etc. Discussion about how Rotary would solicit projects. KOZI 2nd Cup, Lake Chelan Mirror were mentioned.
With no further items, the meeting was adjourned at 1:05PM.
Rick Nedrow, Acting Secretary
Lake Chelan Rotary Club