Lake Chelan Rotary will award two $2,500 technical scholarships to Chelan High School graduates and two $2,500 technical scholarships to Manson High School graduates in May 2019. The scholarships will be awarded to students to pursue career and technical (CTE) degrees, certificates and credentials at accredited trade/technical schools. These scholarships are based on the student’s financial need; career plans and technical experiences; and family, community, and school service.
Completed applications and supporting documents are due by April 16, 2019. They should be submitted electronically using the form below or by mail to Lake Chelan Rotary, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 601, Chelan, WA 98816.
Who Should Apply?
Graduating high school seniors who live in the Manson and Chelan school districts and who have a successful high school record (minimum 2.0 GPA) and have technical career interests.
Students who will be applying to accredited trade/technical schools for the 2018-19 academic school year.
Students who will have a limited ability or may not be able to pursue a post-secondary education without funding assistance.
- Your completed application must include all of the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number(s), email address
- Your parent or guardian name, phone number, email address
- Financial or other circumstances that will make it difficult for young your family to pay for your further education
- Describe the career you want and how you plan to make that a reality
- School of choice and where it is located
- What you are planning to study
- Estimated cost of tuition, fees, books, and supplies
- How you plan to pay for your school expenses
- Your participation if family, school and community activities
- Describe any barriers you have had to overcome to be able to graduate from high school and how they may affect you career dreams
- An official high school transcript
- Parent or guardian signed consent application
- Proof that you have submitted the FAFSA or WAFSA for 2018-2019 academic years
Optional Supporting Materials
- Your resume
- Letters of reference
- Participation in mentorship or internships demonstrating your desire to follow your track
- Job history: dates, job title, employer/organization
- Participation in sports, clubs and any other activities outside of classroom requirements