The Lake Chelan Rotary will award one academic excellence scholarship to a Chelan High School graduate and one academic excellence scholarship to a Manson High School graduate in May 2019.
The scholarships will be awarded to students to pursue degrees at accredited four year colleges and universities. This scholarship is based on the student’s financial need; academic achievements, future education and career plan; and participation in family, community and school service.
Completed applications and supporting documents are due by April 16, 2019. They may be submitted electronically by completing the form below or by mail to Lake Chelan Rotary, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 601, Chelan, WA 98816.
Who Should Apply?
Graduating high school seniors who live in the Manson and Chelan school districts and who have a record of academic excellence in high school.
Students who will be applying to an accredited four year college or university for the 2018-19 academic school year.
Students who have a limited ability or may not be able to pursue a higher education without funding assistance.
- Your completed application must include all of the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number(s), email address
- Your parent or guardian name, phone number, email address
- Financial or other circumstances that will make it difficult for young your family to pay for your further education
- Describe the career you want and how you plan to make that a reality
- School of choice and where it is located
- What you are planning to study
- Estimated cost of tuition, fees, books, and supplies
- How you plan to pay for your school expenses
- List your academic achievements and honors
- Your participation if family, school and community activities
- Describe any barriers you have had to overcome to be able to graduate from high school and how they may affect you career dreams
- An official high school transcript
- Parent or guardian signed consent application
- Proof that you have submitted the FAFSA or WAFSA for 2018-2019 academic years
Optional Supporting Materials
- Your resume
- Letters of reference
- Participation in mentorship or internships demonstrating your desire to follow your track
- Job history: dates, job title, employer/organization
- Participation in sports, clubs and any other activities outside of classroom requirements